I know this is quite a long list of underactive thyroid symptoms and signs. The good news is this doesn’t mean that you will have every symptom every day.
Most of the information you find will not give you a complete list, possibly because some of these are not as common of a problem for the majority of people with underactive thyroid function. However, I battled everything on this list, certain ones more frequent than others, therefore I wanted to give you the full list.
You may realize after reading the following list of symptoms that more of what you have been struggling with is related to your thyroid that you initially thought. It does have quite an impact on your body as a whole, more than the majority of people realize. That is why you should be well informed and why you are here to learn.
Symptoms of An Underactive Thyroid
List Of Underactive Thyroid Symptoms
- Frequent Headaches
- Weight Gain
- Loss of Appetite
- Hair Loss
- Brittle Nails
- Fingernails Have Ridges (see image below)
- Dry Hair
- Dry Skin
- Extreme sleepiness
- Extremely sensitive to cold
- Extremely sensitive to heat
- Cold hands & feet
- Low Body Temperature
- Loss of sex drive
- Irregular menstrual cycle (anything abnormal for you) shorter, longer, heavier….
- Feeling tired, run down, & sluggish
- Thinning eyebrows (typically on the outer portion)
- Vertigo (extreme dizziness at times)
- At times light-headed
- Hear a ringing in ears
- Aches in muscles and joints
- Feelings of sadness
- Feelings of worthlessness
- Puffiness around eyes
- Recurrent sinus infections
- Trouble sleeping
- Difficulty staying focused
- Loss of interest in the activities you love
- Sensitivity to sudden or loud noises
- Shortness of breath
- Tight feeling in the chest area
- High Blood Pressure
- Elevated Cholesterol
- Fingernails and Thyroid Symptoms
Taking Action Early
If you suffer from underactive thyroid function you are most likely experiencing several of these signs and symptoms on a daily basis. That is why it is important to start right now doing everything you can to help support your thyroid and make your thyroid function again.
Taking natural supplements specifically made for your thyroid along with a proper underactive thyroid diet and you will be amazed at how much better you will feel in just a short time.
Also read in details: Most common symptoms of underactive thyroid
As I had done research regarding various disease symptoms if you experience any of the signs from the list of underactive thyroid symptoms. Then you may have a more chance to detect any disease at an early stage. You have time to diagnosis it properly.