Foods To Lower Blood Pressure: Eat these foods to reduce blood pressure. If you have high blood pressure, you’re not alone. According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, about 75 million American adults have hypertension.
There are things you can do to help lower your blood pressure naturally, without medication. In this video, we’ll share seven foods that lower your blood pressure in check.
If you have high blood pressure, you know that you need to make some lifestyle changes. One important change is to your diet. There are certain foods that can help lower blood pressure naturally.
Foods to lower blood pressure
Some of the best foods to eat to lower blood pressure include:
- Dark leafy greens: These vegetables are rich in magnesium, which is a mineral that helps relax blood vessels and lowers blood pressure. Try adding spinach, kale, or Swiss chard to your diet.
- Fatty fish: Fish that are high in omega-3 fatty acids can help reduce inflammation and lower blood pressure. Salmon, tuna, and herring are all good choices.
- Bananas: Bananas are a great source of potassium, which helps to balance out the effects of sodium and helps lower blood pressure.
- Beets: Beets are rich in nitrates, which help to dilate blood vessels and improve blood flow.
- Garlic: Garlic has many health benefits, one of which is reducing blood pressure.
Making these changes to your diet can help lower blood pressure and improve your overall health.